The government of Vanuatu released an official program (DSP) that enables you to obtain for the Vanuatu Citizenship. It is an effective tool for international tax planning and financial privacy for banking and investment. As it is located in In the South Pacific Ocean, you have easy access to Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia.
The advantages of Vanuatu Citizenship and why to obtain:
Vanuatu citizenship provides many things to many people, each looking at their own unique reason for taking up this Program:
- Second passport – global freedom and privacy in moving around the world.
- Second home for your family – safe and friendly.
- Tax efficient country – zero tax, making it a great tax haven.
- Corporate set up and Banking – avoidance of high taxes in current place of residence by utilizing the Vanuatu option.
- Remote and private – worried about the world’s pressures and volatility? Then, welcome to paradise – Officially, the 4th “Happiest Place in the World”.
Key benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship:
- Visa-free to 125 countries – UK & whole of Europe, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore.
- The only Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program of its kind in the Asia Pacific Hemisphere.
- Tax-free country (other than the indirect taxes of VAT and Customs).
- International off-shore finance centre since 1972.
- International Banks present – such as ANZ Bank, Bred Bank, BSP (Bank of South Pacific)
- Simple company and bank account formation procedures.
- Stable, peaceful country – does not even have Regular Armed Forces.
- An English/French speaking British Commonwealth Member Country.
- Simple and fast application process – as little as 45 days.
- Simple, transparent pricing structure. Attractively priced – particularly for family applications.
- A stunning tropical island nation – both for tourism and living.
- Low cost real estate – from prime beach front to whole islands for sale.
- Secure, long term land tenure – all land Government owned and leased. Nominal rental rates.
- A country with tremendous economic growth prospects and investment opportunities.
Vanuatu Tax Benefits:
Vanuatu has zero corporate tax, it also has no income tax, no capital gains tax, no estate tax, no wealth tax, no withholding tax, no gift tax and no other personal income taxes. Aside from a locally applied 12.5% VAT, there are almost no taxes at all.
With such a taxation regime in place for international companies and offshore companies incorporated in the jurisdiction, Vanuatu can rightly be considered as a “Tax Haven” – and one of the most attractive in the World from many perspectives.
Vanuatu companies will operate tax free in Vanuatu as long as their earnings are accumulated outside of the country. Vanuatu registered offshore companies and international companies are prohibited by law from undertaking business in Vanuatu either directly, or on behalf of residents of Vanuatu. In summary,
Vanuatu is a pure tax haven for the simple fact that the offshore jurisdiction has no income or corporate taxes for both residents and foreigners.
International companies and offshore, or exempt companies are simple to incorporate in Vanuatu. Company legislation allows for the formation of flexible business company structures. Offshore companies legislation in Vanuatu makes it possible for only one director and one shareholder to incorporate a company in Vanuatu. Directors can be a corporate body or a natural person.
Vanuatu provides excellent offshore banking and banking services to private individuals and corporations. Vanuatu offshore banking centre is very active with numerous banks having received licenses to provide offshore banking services. Vanuatu has a number of international bank branches and agents providing services to the public. As a ‘tax haven’, Vanuatu offshore bank accounts pay no taxes on interest earned.
Vanuatu is a beautiful remote, tax-free tropical paradise. It is known not only for its great location and climate, but also as a great place for owning and operating a business.
Investment criterion and conditions:
Key benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship:
- Any person with a clean criminal record
- Business person or investor
- Perpetual traveler and offshore maverick
- Stateless Person
- Person renouncing their citizenship
- Certain countries are exempt to apply for the program. Please ask for the list of countries.
A “pre-approval” stage involving a Vanuatu Government background check on the applicant is required. Once the pre-approval has been received (normally 7-10 days), the full documentation is submitted with full payment. The Citizenship process from here takes between 30 to 60 days to complete, making it one of the fastest processing times in the World.
Once the application is approved, the applicant will be required to present themselves at a Government of Vanuatu Consulate, nominated office or, in Vanuatu itself.
At the Consulate or Government Offices the applicant will participate in the Oath of Allegiance ceremony upon which they will be granted their citizenship and receive their Vanuatu passport.
The applicant will then be entitled to full Vanuatu citizenship benefits and rights, and ensured of visa free travel on their Vanuatu passport to currently 125 countries.
Citizenship is for life, and is hereditary.
There is no requirement for the citizen to visit Vanuatu.
The six steps to the Vanuatu Citizenship:
STEP ONE: Applicant (and Spouse where applicable) to submit certified true copy of existing passport (cover and bio data page) plus Police Clearance Report, Medical Certificate and Personal Profile. USD 20,000 total fees due at this stage and non-refundable.
STEP TWO: Upon written confirmation of no adverse findings by FIU, and therefore “pre-approval” granted, Applicant, under guidance of the DSP (Development Support Program) Representative completes all documentation and prepares full payment. Payment is made via BANI LAW, Government Approved Agent in Vanuatu.
Payment of processing fee is due to the DSP Representative on submitting the application.
STEP THREE: Application is submitted to Representative to review pre-submission to the Citizenship Commission which convenes on the last Friday of each month. Application Form must be received 8 days prior to Citizenship Committee meeting.
STEP FOUR: Screening Committee considers the Application one day before the Citizenship Commission meets and makes a recommendation to the Citizenship Commission.
STEP FIVE: After Citizenship Commission approves the Application, an Agreement in Principle (AIP) is issued to the Representative. AIP process is 7 to 14 days.
STEP SIX: The final step is the Applicant taking their Oath. This will be commissioned by the Vanuatu Government’s Commissioner of Oath. In this ceremony the new Citizen receives their Certificate of Vanuatu Citizenship as well as their new Vanuatu Passport.
Total cost for Vanuatu Citizenship with the issue of the passport is as follows:
- Single Applicant USD 150,000.
- Married Couple USD 170,000.
- Married Couple + 1 Child USD 185,000.
- Married Couple + 2 Child USD 205,000.
- Additional Dependents* (if any) in all applications for only USD 25,000 each.
- An initial payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 5,000 on application submission, for the probity checks (Due Diligence) by the Government FIU Division.
- Application and Processing Fee of USD 15,000 (non-refundable) to be paid before due diligence to the approved representative agent for the Vanuatu DSP program.
- After Pre-Approval is given by the authorities and upon receiving the Clearance Letter from the Vanuatu FIU, the full payment of the donation payment is required.
(*Note: Dependent means spouse, children below age 18, dependent children still in education up to the age of 25, and dependent parents over the age of 65).