Coming Home to Antigua!
The government of Antigua released an official program that enables you to obtain for the Antigua Citizenship. It is an effective tool for international tax planning and financial privacy for banking and investment. As it is located in Caribbean Sea, you have easy access to the United States and Canada.
The advantages of Antiguan Citizenship and why to obtain:
Antigua is a safe and stable Country as part of an independent twin Island Commonwealth. The judiciary system is based on English Common Law. The applicants can choose between three different investment options to obtain the citizenship. Therefor they might include the spouse, dependent children and parents over 65 years of age. It is a straight forward and fast application process within 3 months. You have Visa-free access to 131 countries, including the United Kingdom and the Schengen Area. There is no capital gain tax, gift tax, wealth tax, inheritance or personal income tax. The income, generated outside the Country is Tax Free.
Investment options and conditions:
Option #1: NDF (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND)
Acquisition of citizenship under the NDF investment option requires a contribution to the National Development Fund in the minimum sum of US$100,000 per application. The contribution is in the form of a one-time payment.
The primary applicant may include spouse, dependent children and dependent parents over 65 years of age within the application with no additional NDF contribution required, government and due diligence fees will be payable per each individual which are outlined within the fees section.
The application process is fairly straightforward and application forms can be obtained from Exclusive Concierge Antigua Barbuda.
Upon submission of your application you will be asked to pay the due diligence fees and 10% of the government processing fee. Upon receipt of a letter of approval you will be asked to pay the balance of the government processing fee and your contribution which will be paid separately to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) escrow account within a 30 day period and the Passport Fees.
Contribution to the National Development Fund
For a single applicant, or a family of 4 or less:
- US$100,000 contribution (Governmental Processing fees: US$25,000)
Family of 5 or more:
- US$125,000 Contribution (Governmental Processing Fees: $25,000 for a family of up to 4 persons with incremental payments of $15,000 for each additional dependent)
Option #2: Real Estate
To qualify for citizenship under the real estate option, the government requires applicants to make an investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a value of at least US$ 400,000 plus the payment of government processing fees and due diligence fees.
For a single applicant, or a family of 4 or less:
- Governmental Processing fees: US$50,000
For a family of 5 or more:
- Governmental Processing Fees: $50,000 for a family of up to 4 persons with incremental payments of $15,000 for each additional dependent.
As the application procedure under this option involves the purchase of real estate, this can lengthen the processing time depending on the chosen property. The real estate cannot be re-sold until 5 years after the purchase, unless purchasing an alternate officially approved real estate property in Antigua and Barbuda.
An application for citizenship by investment under the real estate investment option can be submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) when a binding purchase and sale agreement has been signed with the developer of an approved project, which will be subject to the granting of the citizenship application.
Upon submission of your application you will be asked to pay the due diligence fees and 10% of the government processing fee. On receipt of a letter of approval you will be asked to pay the balance of the government processing fee and all sums due to the developer under the sale and purchase agreement to enable title to be registered in your name and allow for implementation of the proposed real estate investment in accordance with the guidelines established by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU).
Option #3: Business Investment
The two business investment options are:
- Where a person proposes to make an investment in an approved business of at least US$1,500,000 on their own behalf.
- At least two persons propose to make a joint investment in such an approved business totaling at least US$ 5,000,000, and each of those persons individually propose to contribute at least US$400,000 to the joint investment an application or application for Citizenship by Investment may be submitted on his, her or their behalf through an agent.
- Complete ALL application forms.
- Make required deposit on Investment.
- SUBMIT FORMS, 10% Government fee due, Due Diligence fees due, Licensed Agent fee due. (These fees are non-refundable).
- Approval within 3 month of submission of application. Certificate of registration is issued.
- Complete Business Investment and remainder 90% government fees due within 30 days.
- Submission of passport application.
- Issuance of passport.
Additional fees are applicable. The actual fee schedule is available on request.
Program information are available under the official website www.cip.gov.ag
For more detailed information or questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact us.