Cyprus is a modern country that enjoys a strategic geographical position. It lies at the crossroads of three continents, Europe, Africa and Asia, thus provides unrivalled access and travel opportunities. With its excellent flight connections and first-class airports, the island is perfectly placed for working and travelling within and beyond the European Union.
Cyprus has a rich heritage and diverse culture, beautiful beaches with the cleanest bathing waters in Europe, fresh air, a wonderful Mediterranean climate and cosmopolitan cities with an abundance of amenities.
The island offers a low cost but high standard of living and is a very popular year-round holiday destination. Cyprus has a modern, free-market, service based economy and is a favored business destination due to its strong set of business and taxation advantages.
Additionally, the island is very safe and stable making it an ideal location for families and students. Cyprus is an emerging regional energy hub, since the discovery of huge hydrocarbon reserves in its exclusive economic zone the island has seen a surge in foreign investment and development. It also provides world-class property rights and solid investment, trade, labor, business and financial freedom.
- Mediterranean climate with 340 days of sun (Average of +13°C Winter / +34°C Summer)
- Excellent Healthcare
- High standard of education (28 English schools, 8 Universities, and 35% foreign students)
- Safe and Cosmopolitan Lifestyle (ranked as 5th safest Country in the world)
- Stabile political and business environment Modern Banking & Legal System
- Low taxation (increase of Company registration +20% since 2014, Corporate tax only 12,5%)
Cyprus is also well known as the leading Maritime Hub as it has the 1st third-party ship management center in the EU. It has the 3rd largest fleet in the EU and the 10th largest fleet worldwide. The annual revenue is currently 1b€ and it has a GDP of 7%.